Monday, August 18, 2008

Oh, how I miss Jill

Jill has gone back to Cedarville (OHIO) for school and the kids miss her sooo much. I think I miss her more. She was such a delight and a pleasure to have around. She was great with my children, taught them how to swim, and was always willing to make them tired, even when it was 110 out.

The kids call her "Jiily Beans"- what is it with them and cute made up names? Holly Berry? Jenna BennaRose? I guess they get it from me- Monkey Bones? or Brian "Meggie Pearl?

Anyways-I can not wait- she is coming home for Thanksgiving and Christmas break. The kids want to take her to Disneyland- which of course sounds great to me. She really endeared herself to me, going to Disneyland with Eve and me. The kids fell in love with her there, too. Mark wanted to ride all the rides with Jill, he started the day wanting to ride with me. (I lost all my pictures from that trip, and no one else had a camera. At least we have our memories.) An added plus is that Jill gives me a lot of hope. Her mom and her have told me how much like Megan she was- ornery, strong willed, a diva princess and to know her now- you would never know she spent lots of time in time out! We all know Meg is wonderful and I treasure her dearly, but boy oh boy does she have her moments of personality! The Lord is amazing and can work miracles (as we know). He is in the business of change!

No comments: