Monday, August 18, 2008

Mark's "Late" night

Tonight was Mark's night to stay up, 30 minutes later then the girls, and he wanted to go swimming. Brian and I took him swimming and we had biggest splash competitions (Brian won), Smallest splash (Mark won), and a ton of swimming races that Mark won- though some were under protest. *Thanks Jill!* Competition comes so naturally to him, sometimes I am guilty of using it to my advantage (I bet you can clean up more/faster than Meg). He wanted to do a mini Olympics in our pool. We had so much fun, then we all floated around. Mark had fun spraying Brian with the hose and vice versa. He really loves diving! He dove in, off the diving board, and touched the bottom of the pool! Way to go, buddy and he said "How do you like that one mom?Jill taught me that!" Jill really taught M&M a lot this summer. Mark was finally showered and it was 8:30 so as I snuggled with Mark he said "I don't want to go to first grade, it won't be any fun." I asked him why? He said "All I am going to do is go to the playground then learn then lunch, then learn then playground then learn, learn, learn! I just get the playground two times." I reassured him it will be fun playing and learning. I can not believe my little man is going to be in 1st grade tomorrow! Aug. 18, 2008- seems like he was just born. Then I kissed him goodnight and tucked my little man in.

No comments: